Friday, August 12, 2011

BFF 113 Dreams and Wishes – Sweet or Not?

It seems that is all I’ve been doing lately…dreaming and wishing…

Wishes

I have had numerous wishes over the years. As a child it was “I wish I could get that doll.” A little older, it was “I wish could get a camera or stereo or a television.” But I think that the wish I wanted most of all was “I wish I had some friends.” Ever since I was a child, I just wanted to be liked. I think I have spent the better part of my life doing whatever it took to make this wish happen. Who doesn’t want to be liked? I continue in this modus operandi for a long time. After the last implosion in my life, I finally came to the realization that I had wasted a lot of time for nothing. Some of the people that I had thought were my friends were not. They just used me until they were done with me. Depressed, I decided to give myself a little party. My own Pity Party, which lasted for approximately six months! (I deserved it, BTW.) Afterwards, I started to make a plan. Now, as part of that plan, my wishes are simple. Just a few, really dear and true friends, the love of my family and to be happy.

Oh…and a puppy!



Dreams

“I think I’ll place some Mugwort under my pillow tonight…dreams, I can go anywhere in my dreams.” – Cassandra Nightingale, The Good Witch’s Garden.

I don’t have a need for Mugwort, as I typically go to a lot of places in my dreams. I use them to solve my problems, escape my problems and to be someone else in another place and time. Some of my dreams are extensions of a movie I watched or a book I have read. Some are scary, others happy and some I revisit over and over again. I’ve realized this happens because I like the place where I was in my dream or I am trying to resolve something and the only way I can do that is in my dreams. I had a dream like this as a child that repeated multiple times, then all of a sudden, it stopped. Later, as an adult, I had that same dream, but only once. Hmmm…never quite figured out that one.

Dreams are very important to me. They provide valuable insight to where I am headed. I take them very seriously and listen to them when they heed a warning or guide me in another direction. Sometimes I don’t want to listen, and it might take a few of them to make me “wake up” as it were, but overall, I am grateful for their guidance and advice. This last year has been very difficult for me. I don’t know what I would have done, if it hadn’t been for my dreams (and the support of my wonderful husband, family and my true friends!). I’m happier than I have been in years. Yes, I guess that life is “sweet” now. Finally.



Sweet dreams,

Susan's Blog Signature

2 comments :

  1. Great post Susan! I am a big dreamer. I often have significant dreams--which are profound in many ways and they can often be validated. Then I have dreams that help me work through issues--but it is always metaphorical --you know I'm still thinking about them when I wake up--and I'm still solving the puzzle but a few pieces closer to putting it all together!

    Thanks for sharing :) Jenn

    ReplyDelete