Friday, January 11, 2013

I Did It My Way

There is something that I have wanted for my entire life. I have waited so long for it that I thought it might never happen. It has been a dream of my since I was a little girl.

When a series of health issues became apparent, I thought that I would be able to overcome it, but alas, I was not that lucky.

Life also got in the way, time slipped by and before I knew it, I was too old to try it again the old fashioned way. But somewhere deep inside, I knew that I didn't want to give up. I had to come up with another way to make my dream a reality.

I found a way.

Today I have made my dream a reality. I may not have done it like everyone else. I didn't even choose the standard alternative. I went against the grain and did something completely different.



I did it my way.

 


SO...what have I done?






I became a mommy...a "sponsor mommy"...to a beautiful little seven (almost eight) year old girl named Liliana. She has the name that I was going to give my child, if I was ever able to have one, and I know that she and I are meant to be.

I will share Liliana's picture and story soon...but for right now, I just want to enjoy getting to know all about her.

I still have other ideas on how to feed my desire to be a "mom" to other needy children and am working on putting together a plan to make that happen.

In the meantime, it has been an extremely long week (details of that adventure coming soon!)


Wishing you moments of blissful happiness!
 Susan's Blog Signature


Liked anything you see here? Then contact me, Susan Dusterhoft at todaysworkingwoman@hotmail.com. I am always looking for more books/products to review. I can also provide assistance with blog writing!

4 comments :

  1. Good for you, Susan! I am sorry you were not able to do it the traditional way and I completely understand how you feel. I was able to have my son but soon after started having problems and never got to have the second child I so desperately wanted. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear about Liliana. I found you through blogaholics. Please check me out and follow me back. http://mysuccessfulentrepreneurs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to reading about Liliana, that's a beautiful name btw! I found you through blogaholicnetwork :)

    carlydawson.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww what a beautiful post! Good luck with Liliana, it is wonderful to hear what sponsorship does for children through their letters :) I found you on blogaholic.

    http://amberabardan.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete