Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year's Eve Reflections

As this year winds down to a close, I would be completely remiss if I didn't stop and reflect on this past year. It's definitely been a whirlwind and I can't believe it's almost over. Life is marching on and I don't want to miss another minute of it.

I had so hoped this last year would have been a great year, but as a whole, it was less than expected. I think it is because I put so much of myself out there that once again I stretched myself too thin and was not able to complete some of the projects I wanted to do for myself.

As my husband said the other day, "I don't make the list." What a hard slap in the face that was! I don't make the list. Why is that? Because I don't put myself first. I spend so much of my time doing things for everyone else, life is just passing me by. This is a huge lesson to learn and one that I intend to fix.

My day job has been interesting, rewarding, and at times, all consuming. The more I learn and get comfortable with my duties, the more efficient I become. So with the new year just around the corner, I intend to stop and smell the roses.

My wish for all of you, is to participate in life. Enjoy everything it has to give to you. Celebrate all there is and love with all your heart.

Wishing you a fabulous 2014!


 



Like anything you see here? Then contact me, Susan Dusterhoft at todayswritingwoman@hotmail.com. I am always looking for more books/products to review. I can also provide assistance with blog writing!

3 comments :

  1. Its true how we often put the others before us and in the process, forget all about ourselves. Glad you learnt that from this year! See, it was not a bad year after all!!

    Wishing you the best this coming year and I hope you achieve all that you set out for yourself! Happy 2014

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember suggesting that you were taking some very large bites last year early on...the problem with doing that is that the "work" becomes who you are. Even if you love the work, you need time to live away from it if you want to nourish your own being.
    Time to play is vital and will make you so much more capable at all the other things you want in your life. Once you destress and take the pressure off of yourself, you will learn to love life again.

    Happy 2014...you got this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's wishing you a happier and more fulfilling year in 2014, Susan!

    ReplyDelete