Saturday, April 19, 2014

Walking for The Children's Village of Sonoma County during the Human Race 2014

I haven't done anything like this in over 20 years, so I thought it was about time. I am participating in the Human Race this year and walking on behalf of the The Children's Village of Sonoma County. 

Let me tell you a little bit about The Children's Village. It is a non-profit organization that provides a nurturing environment by offering family-style homes for children and siblings in foster care. It opened in August 2006 with four large houses serving 24 children, and four apartments for seniors who act as surrogate grandparents. “Village Parents” staff the homes and care for the children; “Village Grandparents” spend volunteer time with the children.



I will always do whatever I can do to support causes such as this. Many of you may not know this but I was adopted as a baby. I could have easily ended up like these children; put into foster care for whatever reason. I was one of the lucky ones and I want to be sure these kids get the same opportunities that I have had. 

There are so many great causes to support. I understand and appreciate that as I have several great ones that I stand behind. Please take a moment and consider sponsoring me as I venture outside of my comfort zone and participate in The Human Race 2014. Watch the video below to learn how make a donation on my fundraising page.


Thank you in advance for your consideration!
 

Like anything you see here? Then contact me, Susan Dusterhoft at todayswritingwoman@hotmail.com. I am always looking for more books/products to review. I can also provide assistance with blog writing!

No comments :

Post a Comment