Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Write More and Facebook Less

I've been told that the only way to start writing again is to actually do it. It's been a long time. Not for lack of want, mind you, it's been more of finding the motivation to write. I can come up with numerous "excuses" and they all sound great in my head, but on paper, not so much.

So how have I been filling my days and nights since I was really serious about making this writing career work? Well, about a year ago, I had to deal with a very serious and life threatening family issue. While that has been finally sorted out for the time being, I been engulfed in another somewhat chaotic situation that has continued to get worse until only recently. But, I feel that is now finally coming to an end and I can get back to a more balanced life.

My energy has been so tapped out with these events, that all I could do most nights is pick up my Kindle and read a few sentences in whatever book I was reading at the time. Or, I would just pop in one of my many "happy" movies and watch it until I fell asleep.  

Today, things are a little bit different. The only thing I think that is holding me back now is the dreaded "FB" addiction. My husband thinks that if I want more time to do other things, I need to "Facebook Less". He's right. But I do need it to use it in order to stay up-to-date for certain aspects of my writing. What I need to do is concentrate on putting more words on paper and use FB as a tool to get my writing out to the masses. 

I had planned to write something really prolific yesterday as it was my "big milestone birthday", but decided that my time would be better served spending it with the one person who has been severely neglected during all of this time. Waiting another day wouldn't hurt. Starting today, I plan to write every day and am putting it out there to regain my readership and take my writing to a whole other level. I am going to get back on track with my plans and make it work. For reals this time!

So for anyone out there who is following me, here is my pledge:

I am going to "Write More and Facebook Less"! 

Wish me luck!

 

Like anything you see here? Then contact me, Susan Dusterhoft at todayswritingwoman@hotmail.com. I am always looking for more books/products to review. I can also provide assistance with blog writing!

No comments :

Post a Comment