Tuesday, June 23, 2015

TWW's Book Review: The Promise of Paradise by Allie Boniface as part of the Summer on Main Street Box Set



I grew up on the outskirts of a small town. With not much to do, I spent a lot of time reading, mostly romance stories. The other thing I did was look out my window and create stories in my head about all the people who lived in town. So when I had the opportunity to read The Promise of Paradise by Allie Boniface (as part of the Summer on Main Street Box Set), about romance in a small town, I jumped at the chance to relive a favorite childhood memory.

One of six small town stories about love and romance, Ms, Boniface delivers everything that you would expect along with what I love more than anything, a strong female lead character. When I say strong, I mean someone who will stand up for herself no matter how much pressure she may feel from family or circumstances.

With a strong female lead, you need an equally capable counterpart; and thus we have Ash and Eddie, two complete opposites, but somehow they make it work when they end of sharing a home for the summer. The Promise of Paradise offers Ash the possibility of escape and Eddie the chance to get over something that has plagued him for years.

I really enjoyed watching Ash's story unfold and imagine a different life for herself. Despite her family troubles, she put herself out there and took a chance on something most people wouldn't dare to do. As for Eddie, well he really needed to stop dwelling on the past and give himself a wake up call. Sometimes, though, it takes a little longer to get there. And that is what makes this story...the getting there.

The Promise of Paradise by Allie Boniface is definitely worth the read. It's a fun summer story to sit back, relax and read on a lazy afternoon. If it is any indication of the rest of the stories in the Summer on Main Street series, then you need to rush out quickly and pick up a copy of this box set before the season is over. Rating: 





Wishing you moments of great reading!
  

Like anything you see here? Then contact me, Susan Dusterhoft at todayswritingwoman@hotmail.com. I am always looking for more books/products to review. I can also provide assistance with blog writing!

No comments :

Post a Comment