Saturday, February 9, 2013

What's My Song?

Ever since I can remember, music has played an important, and influential part of my life. It has always been there for me; like an old friend, a cozy sweater, or a warm blanket. Surrounding me with comfort, lifting my spirits, penetrating my soul and guiding my light.

My musical tastes have changed over the years, but I have still have my staples that I always fall back on. From old school 70's music to country to pop to Latin to classical, there is so many places to find inspiration. I am grateful for my mom and dad in the respect that while I was the only daughter, and the youngest, I was allowed to feed the artistic side of myself through books and music. I have albums that many of you probably don't even remember who the artists were. Come to think of it...I need to dig those out of the garage and convert them to mp3s.

I've always been drawn to the strong female artist. There are a couple that were constantly a part of my life that I am sure many of you know. Even my mom likes one of them, which is kind of surprising! For me, each of these women's music have done more for me than you could possibly no. Somehow, they've always released a song just at the exact moment that I needed to hear it. It's like they knew it; well probably not, but at least that is the way I would like to think it.

My love of music will never waiver. It it the glue that holds me together most days. Artists may come and go in my life, but the songs that speak to me will always be there. And even if it is only one song of a particular artist that haunts my dreams and works its way into the core of my existence, then that song will always and forever more be with me.So I guess you could say that I am...many songs.

So who are these women that I turn to in my moments of need. They are below...each with their own unique song. Each have their own styles and definitely different beat; speaking to me in a way that no other has ever done before. So enjoy a bit of each of them...I hope they inspire you. And if not these songs, then maybe something else that have done.









Wishing you moments of inspiring music.

 Susan's Blog Signature

This post is written for The Writer's Post Blog Hop# 67: What's My Song?, hosted by Suzy Que of Someday Somewhere.Interested in learning more, please check out the link below!




Liked anything you see here? Then contact me, Susan Dusterhoft at todaysworkingwoman@hotmail.com. I am always looking for more books/products to review. I can also provide assistance with blog writing!



5 comments :

  1. Gloria Estefan is an awesome singer. Thanks for posting her song and for linking to my prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great songs. I especially like the Stevie Nicks song because of its fun beat.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2013/02/a-song-that-doesnt-represent-my-life.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm not familiar with much of Gloria's music, but Stevie Nicks??? Oh yeh! I DO remember her music, although I haven't heard her songs in ages. Wait, are we giving away our age here? LOL.
    Great songs and I can see how they would touch a woman's heart ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like so many songs I am finding it hard to narrow it down to just one.

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right, two different songs, two different voices, two different beats--but both can really great choices. I love Stevie Nicks.

    ReplyDelete