Saturday, June 29, 2013

Hot Weather, Oblivious Shoppers and a Cranky Wife


The weather has been really strange here in Northern California. In fact, it's been strange everywhere across our country. I'm not big into believing the global warming theory because if you look at the history of temperature, anyone will see that it goes in cycles. We're just in a different cycle right now, so much so in fact that it was raining like "cats and dogs" this past Monday and today it's going to be over 100 degrees. Weird.

Thank goodness though I am sitting in front of my air conditioner. Ooops! Sorry, my husband wants me to call it an E.C., because technically it's an evaporative cooler, but it does the job just the same. After living in this house for all these years, it's a welcome respite to finally have something to cool off my office/bedroom when it gets really hot during the summer. 

Because we knew it was going to be a scorcher today, we decided to go out and get our chores done early. I think everyone else in town had the same thought. When we got to the grocery store, I was following my husband to the deli counter when a fellow female shopper just cut right in front of me and parked herself and her cart right in front of a display. She was completely oblivious to the fact that she just ran me over and blocked me from getting through. 

I sighed rather loudly and than she turned around to look at me and said, "Oh...sorry." All I could think was, "Wow lady, how oblivious do you have to be to not see me. It's not like I am invisible." She seemed a little put out because she had to move her cart out of the way so I could get through and she could get back to her shopping. Never mind that that it didn't matter I couldn't get on with mine. Clearly everyone was having difficulty getting around because there were stacks of deliveries everywhere waiting to be stocked on the shelves.

I'm sure you can tell that it bothers me when people do this. It just makes me want to shout, "I'M NOT INVISIBLE YOU KNOW. I'M RIGHT HERE!!!" Apparently I am though, otherwise people wouldn't do it. Can I share a secret with you? I consider myself a pretty observant person since I'm so invisible. I sometimes will watch people in the store and then do the same thing to them as they did to me. Is that mean? In my head, I don't feel like it is. I'm just returning the favor so they can see how it feels. One time, I ran into the same shopper at least a couple of times and they just didn't get it. I was actually laughing as I walked out the door. Life sure does bring me some comedic moments!

Anyway, by the time we left the grocery store today, I was pretty cranky. I'm sure you could say it was due to the hot temps at that hour and the oblivious shoppers at the store (that and the fact that I had to walk back and forth from one side of the store to the other because that is how my guy shops instead of going up and down the aisles like a normal shopper.) When we got home, my husband promptly fell asleep on the couch in front of the fan and I went upstairs to do some work in front of the E.C.!

Hours later, the dishes are done and I have just a bit of picking up to do. There's always something isn't there? Life is never dull in this house.
 
Wishing you moments to stay cool on this hot day!

 

Like anything you see here? Then contact me, Susan Dusterhoft at todaysworkingwoman@hotmail.com. I am always looking for more books/products to review. I can also provide assistance with blog writing!

No comments :

Post a Comment