Monday, May 27, 2013

Along the Road to Pismo Beach

Driving along the road to our destination today, there were so many things that I saw that will make this trip a memorable one. I typically don't have time to look around because I am driving but since I was the co-pilot today I used the opportunity to the fullest advantage.

The first thing I saw was this...




Mind you, this was not the location where I saw it, but it was the same truck. I thought my eye's were playing tricks on me, but I did a little research on this and Smelly Mel's is a real business with a 4 1/2 star rating on Yelp.com. Go figure!

We were on our way flying down Interstate 280 when we saw a women in the back seat of a king cab tuck with her hair caught in the the window. I wish I would have had my camera out but I didn't. It reminds me of the moment when we were traveling through the Salt River Canyon following a pickup truck with a dog in the back who was chasing his tail around and around. Just one of those moments...

The next thing that struck me was the sign that said "A Pink Kennel". We've past this place for years and I can't believe I'm even interested in this place. The only thing it has going for it is the color...'cause it is definitely pink...Pepto Bismal Pink! The Yelp.com rating was...well let's not go there.

We knew we were getting close to our destination when we a billboard sign similar to this...


 ...and of course, as soon as I see it, I yell very loudly "Anderson's!" Startled the hubs pretty bad and I thought it was really funny. One of these days, we're going to have to go visit these Hap Pea and Pea Wee:


So this is our first day of vacation. Had loads of fun!

Wishing you moments to treasure!

 Susan's Blog Signature

Liked anything you see here? Then contact me, Susan Dusterhoft at todaysworkingwoman@hotmail.com. I am always looking for more books/products to review. I can also provide assistance with blog writing!

No comments :

Post a Comment