Sunday, January 19, 2014

Who Am I

In The Blogging Lounge is a prompt called "Who Am I"; so without further ado...here I am:

First and foremost, I am a girl from the Midwest...through and through. I was raised in the country across from a dairy farm and wheat fields. As the only daughter in a family of four, I had my own bedroom, complete with color TV, stereo, and lots of books. I made up a lot of stories because I spent a good amount of time looking out the window. 

I had few friends growing up...just the neighbor girl who was my best friend. I didn't make a lot of friends because I didn't live in town. It didn't matter to me because I had everything I wanted and I was happy...until I was older and wanted to break free.

I am a wife now and I finally broke free. I moved to the other side of the country and live in sunny California. I remember when my best friend went on a school trip to California and how jealous I was. Now she still lives back in the Midwest and I am here. 

I am not a mom and I am finally okay with that. It wasn't meant to be because apparently God had other ideas and I finally accepted that. 

I am a writer and blogger with a lot of ideas and not a lot of time to execute them. How about that reality eye-opener! Took awhile to figure it out and I am okay with that too. I will get around to all those ideas...just a little slower these days.

I am a crafter with a lot of projects in the works. From crocheting to quilting to scrapbooking...my husband won't let me start anything new until some of the UFOs are finished! Slowly working on those and like anything else, they will get done too!

I am avid book reader...reading well over 50 books a year. This last year it was more like over 100. I also write book reviews and have too numerous waiting to be written. Are you seeing a pattern here?!!

I love to watch all the cooking shows, home improvement shows and almost anything on the Hallmark Channel. It's an obsession and kind of annoys my husband, but I don't care!

I like to watch movies where things blow up. Okay, I know I am a girl with a great aversion to gross stuff, but seriously, watching Iron Man obliterate the bad guys is a great stress relief. No blood and guts, just blowing everything to smithereens! In fact, it's on TV right now and the best scene is up. How's that for coincidence?!!

I love the holidays...from Halloween to Christmas. It's my most favorite time of year.

I play the guitar and have three of them. I love music from Gloria Estefan to Daughtry and Simple Minds to Michael Buble. There's only a few genres of music that aren't on my playlist...but if I heard a song from that type and I liked it...it would probably be downloaded to my MP3 player. I like to think

I am a movie junkie and will watch them over and over and over again. I was secretly thrilled when the DVD was invented. Now I can watch my favorites without wearing out the videotapes.

I dislike having my picture taken...probably because I don't look my best right now. I'm working on that, but until then, no photos of me to be published. You'll all just have to wait!

Let's see if there is anything else...I handwash all my dishes, and take my laundry to the laundromat. I hate to vacuum and iron is tedious for me. I wear a lot of black clothing because I work in a bank and at home I wear brightly colored clothes from the Fresh Produce Clothing Company. I love to travel, especially to Hawaii. I love the ocean but can't swim. I am learning to be a better photographer and just got a new fancy digital camera this last year. 

Anything else...well you're just going to have to go back into the archives and read it for yourself! Or stick around for the next post! I'd love to find out a little more of who my readers are, so please share your comments!



Wishing you moments to figure out who you are,


Like anything you see here? Then contact me, Susan Dusterhoft at todayswritingwoman@hotmail.com. I am always looking for more books/products to review. I can also provide assistance with blog writing!

5 comments :

  1. sounds like you have a full life, susan.... oh, and i wash dishes by hand too, even though the dishwasher waits patiently... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no-one to curtail my unfinished project 'pile' which is actually distributed all over the place in a chaotic clutter while my outer world reflects my inner world as it gets put into some kind of order...which reminds me I dreamt my front door had a sign put on it of out of order this afternoon...I have knitting, crochet, art and all sorts of other crafts but the notebooks, journals and sketchbooks are what really are taking over the asylum...pleased to meet you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to meet you. Think we have a more than a few things in common. I HATE having my picture taken. I grew up on a smal farm - with very few kids around. I fled also, ended up doing a decade in Jersey (which I loved). Now I'm back in the midwest - but not on a farm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan! So nice to meet you! A wonderful post. You are truly a woman with interest from A-Z!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely to meet you, I like to follow the crowd! Tee hee! You are as complicated as a woman can be and I love that about my talented and driven friend Whois learning to scale back so she can enjoy her choices!

    ReplyDelete