Sunday, January 19, 2014

Letting Go

You can always tell when I am working a lot. The most telling sign is that I haven't written! Once again, I am sorry that I haven't been around much, but I've been making hay while the sun is shining! This is an expression that my dad always said when I was young and it has sort of stuck with me as an adult.

The money has been really nice since I am desperately trying to pay down the last of the credit card debt. I'm finally seeing the light of day and hope that this year everything will be paid off. With a little due diligence, I think I can finally do it. It's going to require selling off a few things, but it's mostly items I no longer look at, wear or need. My tastes have changed over the years and I really feel like it is time to divest my self of a few things. Or, as my husband says, remove some of the detritus!

Sometimes it is hard to let go and that is what I really want to talk about. Letting go of the past and moving toward the future. While the past shapes and molds you to the person you've become, it's really all about taking that knowledge and moving forward to do the things that you want to do and become the person that you want to become.

Opportunities are endless but they require putting in a little effort. I've always subscribe by the theory that you have to make things happen for yourself. So when you're not happy, then do something about it because you're the only one holding you back. It's like all that stuff in your house that is taking up room and keeping you from remodeling, buying something new or even living comfortably. 

Now while I like having my stuff around me, I have two problems.One is that I love my stuff so much I don't want to use it and two, I have too much stuff for my space. At some point, the stuff becomes too much and you either move to a bigger place or you have have to divest of it. In the last several years, I've had moments where I have gone through my stuff, sorted and organized it so that I could let it go, either to to goodwill or the dumpster. It's a very cathartic experience, and I highly recommend it. 

Letting go of the past, via your stuff, so that you can move on is the first step for living the rest of your life to the fullest. Go for it. It's a great feeling!


Wishing you moments to let go,

 

Like anything you see here? Then contact me, Susan Dusterhoft at todayswritingwoman@hotmail.com. I am always looking for more books/products to review. I can also provide assistance with blog writing!

No comments :

Post a Comment