Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Beginnings - January 1, 2011

Today is the first day of the first month of 2011. 1/1/11 for those of us who like to abbreviate things. I have had time to reflect on many things since my last post. Mostly what I have been reflecting on is "change".

Whenever the new season starts, it makes me stop and think about life and how it is ever changing. Life is about changing, growing, learning and being able to adapt to all of it in the most positive way. The knowledge I have gained over the years has taught me that there is no point in letting things get the best of me. Since I am the master of my own destiny then I must create the path to lead me in the direction that I want to go. There is no one else that will do it for me. I make the changes happen in my life.

I am, by my own admission, a creature of habit and comfort. Change can and at some times is difficult for me. However, when I know that something is no longer working for me, I know that I must make a change. No matter how much I resist, I must be willing to try new things. Listening to my inner self, is something that I live by and it has served me well.

As this is January 1st, it is only natural to begin again, start something new, turn over a new leaf or write that old standby, a New Year's resolution. As for me, I am going to listen to my inner self and let it lead me down the path of my life.

No comments :

Post a Comment