Wednesday, October 24, 2012

BlogFEST 2012: What Do I Value?

What do I value?
You've asked of me.
My health is important,
I'm sure you'll agree.

The love of family
is not far behind.
Without them I'm nothing,
please bear that in mind.

Peace and serenity
is my third choice.
I've waited so long,
and now I rejoice.

I value old friends
I wish we could be tighter.
Though the distance is great,
the connection seems brighter.

New friendships abound
oh what a surprise.
So glad I found you,
hope there's never goodbyes.

But most of all,
I have to say.
I value myself,
'cause I'm finally okay.

It's been a long time coming,
I thought I'd never arrive.
I took a big hit,
worse than a swan dive.

I'm back with a vengeance
steeped in love of a good man.
Pen to paper with feeling
and a really great plan.



Wishing you valuable moments!

Susan's Blog Signature


This blog was written as a part of BlogFest 2012. Check out Emily Rose's post - she's the host today. Please click on the picture below for more information!




Liked anything you see here? Then contact me, Susan Dusterhoft at todaysworkingwoman@hotmail.com. I am always looking for more books/products to review. I can also provide assistance with blog writing!

6 comments :

  1. God, it would take me a month to write something like this that actually rhymes. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you can express yourself in a poem. It is just brilliant!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this! Among my favorites of your lovely poems.

    I also value our friendship and I know that was directed at ME! LOL Seriously, so happy we have connected and developed mutual respect and admiration.

    You really hit this one out of the park!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, I love that you hit all the high notes, so to speak, and did it in rhyme. Well done. This spoke volumes to me...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just amazing and so beautifully written!! I loved your take!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great post-- to value yourself is important!! Cheers, Jenn

    ReplyDelete