Wednesday, October 17, 2012

BlogFEST 2012 - What Movie (or Book) Scene Scares You the Most

Well this is certainly a very good question. Since I, nor anyone else in the house, tend to not watch scary movies or read books that are scary, I can't say if there is any specific movie or book scene that scares me the most because there are so many things, in general, that scare, or in my case, freak me out! 

I will say this, there are certain things that I just can't bring myself to watch and they include:
  • Any kind of horror movies - this is a big "no-no" in my house. 
  • Most science fiction - because frankly, it's too weird for me and that in turn, creeps me out.
  • The black and white version of "A Christmas Carol". Now for those of you that know me, you'll recall how much I love, love, love Christmas movies...except this one. It must be the creepiness of the black and white and the chilling way it was filmed. Perhaps it is the terrific portrayal of Scrooge by Alastair Sim. Who knows...but I will say this...it is one of the last movies I will pick to watch during the holidays!
  • My husband has banned me from watching any of the Harry Potter movies for awhile. I was having strange dreams (he called them nightmares). In any case, I will lay off those flicks for awhile...too bad it's Halloween :-(.
  • Speaking of Harry Potter there is one scene that involves spiders...I hate spiders. So during the Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets when Hagrid said "If anyone wanted ter find out some stuff, all they'd have ter do would be ter follow the spiders. That'd lead 'em right! That's all I'm sayin'.", well I knew I was in for it! My next favorite line during that movie comes from Ron says:
  •  The daily news...oh for shame, for shame! But yes, we did have to ban watching the news in our house. All the violence and other stuff on tv was causing the entire household to have nightmares! We tend to watch just enough to catch the weather and the morning traffic in the morning before we go to work. Otherwise, no news. Now we do know what is going on in the world, so we're not completely oblivious, but lately, the television has been off...off...off.
I know there are a whole lot more things that scare me...but since I prefer to not think about them before bed, I'll just leave you with this:



    Wishing you "un-scary" moments!

     Susan's Blog Signature

    This blog was written as a part of BlogFest 2012. Check out Nicole's post - she's the host today. Please click on the picture below for more information!




    Liked anything you see here? Then contact me, Susan Dusterhoft at todaysworkingwoman@hotmail.com. I am always looking for more books/products to review. I can also provide assistance with blog writing!

    1 comment :

    1. I am with you. I am not much into horror and scary stuff. However, I loved the Harry Potter films and books.

      Great post!

      Kathy
      http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete