Monday, December 26, 2011

Celebration!

When it comes to celebrating…I am more of a behind the scenes type of person. I’m the one that plans the party, not actually celebrate or partake in the festivities. I suppose this could be a good thing as I tend to be a solitary creature and prefer to interact with others on more of a one-on-one basis.

It’s funny; most of the people I come in contact with seem to know this about me. I rarely get invited to parties and when I do, I tend to fade into the woodwork. I guess I don’t make much of an impression, do I? That is what I used to think anyway.

Actually, it's okay because I’ve come to accept that about myself. I’m really, really fine with it. I have some very dear friends that I hang out with, and then we all go our separate ways until the next time. It just makes our visits all that more special since we don’t see each other that often. Each visit in itself is a celebration. When I am alone again, I give thanks that I have these opportunities and plan for the times when we can get together again We just need to plan those visits a bit more frequently.

When I was younger, it bothered me a lot that I was alone so much, but as I’ve gotten older, I have come to relish the time that I have by myself. I am no longer sad and I always have my husband (he's my best friend!),  my writing and other hobbies to keep me busy. And when I really get lonely, I pick up the phone or I turn on the computer!

Today, instead of being sad, I celebrate the uniqueness that is me. 2012 is going to be the year of Susan. Every day will be a celebration! When my friends come to visit, I will have even more to celebration!

Wishing everyone moments of celebration during this holiday season!

Susan's Blog Signature

This post is written for The Writer's Post Blog Hop# 26: Celebration! (I didn't quite make the hop this time, but that's okay!) Interested in learning more, please check out the link below!

3 comments :

  1. I always say, you gotta love you before you can love me. I am so glad you are there now! You are so worth loving! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Year of Susan...I LOVE that!

    I like some alone time--usually, I crave a bit more of it than is reasonable in my current life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So well said and a lesson for us all.... Love ourselves for who we are.....

    ReplyDelete