Saturday, September 10, 2011

BFF 120 - The Colours of My World

There are so many things that bring colour to my world...where to begin...

1. My husband Edward...without him, I just don't know where I would be. He is my biggest supporter and helps in countless ways.

Let's see...he cooks, he fixes my computer every time I break it, he cooks, he buys me stuff without asking for it, he takes care of me when I am sick, he cooks, he puts up with all of my quicky habits, he lets me write and occasionally collaborates with me, he cooks and he encourages my hobbies. He cooks...oh, sorry!

Did I say he can cook? Thank goodness, because we'd starve if I had to do the cooking in this house. He is sooo talented in that department!

I have a limited number of photos of him, but these are some of my favorites of Edward surfing at Pismo Beach!

We love coming to here as the waves are less intense and the people are so friendly. A quirky beach town, but that is what I love about it. This is probably one of the last vintage California beach towns.

The food is awesome, the people are great, we have peace and quiet whenever we're here. This is the place for us to go when we need to decompress.

So what else colors my world...

2. I have some very dear friends. I can count them on a single hand. These are the type of friends that would do anything for me...no matter what. They are always there for me whenever I need them. We may not talk every day or every month for that matter, but I know that if I need them they'll be here.

3. My family, including my parents and brother and sister-in-law. I may not be living nearby, and we are all getting older, but we are there for each other, but I love them all.

4. The arts ~ music, theater, movies, books and writing. I've combined this into one topic because it would take forever to list all the reasons why each of theses colours my world in more ways than I can count. But I can say this...the arts feed my soul, breathing life into me at every turn. It soothes me...it woos me...brings me comfort in this sometime upside down and completely crazy world.

5. Flowers...delicate...beautiful...wonderful flowers. All I have to do is look outside and I see this...





This beauty was taken by Edward, the #1 colour of my life.







Keep on colouring...

Susan's Blog Signature

***I have written this piece for a group on Facebook that I have joined, BFF Blogging For Fun. Interested in more...click on the picture below to take you there.




No comments :

Post a Comment