Sunday, September 11, 2011

BFF 122 - Time Traveler

Doesn't everyone wish they could turn back time and go back to the past to fix something that happened? Why not try to make the situation better by doing something just a little bit different? I think about it all the time.

There are so many times I wish I could go back to a particular moment and start over. Would I end up here where I am today? Probably not. But what if I had done this? What if I had done that? What if I had chosen to do this? Or that? What if...what if...what IF...WHAT IF...there are just so many "What Ifs" my head is reeling!

What if my birth mom decided not to have me at all...I wouldn't even be here! There would be no Susan. What if she had decided not to give me up...I wouldn't be here, married to my husband and living in California. My life would be completely different. Do I really want to go down this path? It gives me the chills thinking about it.

I believe in destiny. The "what ifs" have already been answered. The road already laid out for me. I am just trying to follow the path as best I can, without getting stuck too long in a pothole or go flying off a cliff, never to return. There are going to be bumps along the way (see my previous posts, One Year Ago and The Fork in the Road) but I guess that is what makes life so interesting...I think?!?

The past is what has made me. The present is here and the future is...well, it depends on how I live in the present. I make my own future. I am who I am and that is all that I can be.

Now, I am just happy to be here...with you.

Susan's Blog Signature

***I have written this piece for a group on Facebook that I have joined, BFF Blogging For Fun. Interested in more...click on the picture below to take you there.

2 comments :

  1. I've wondered about the road not taken too.

    Joyce
    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ponder the woulda, coulda, shoulda's, but I try not to stay there long. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete