Saturday, September 24, 2011

Change within a Comfortable and Safe World

Photo by jeanniner9/www.photoxpress.com 
It's finally Fall! I love this time of year because it's the beginning of My Season. Cooler temperatures, the harvest, yummy food, decorations, the holidays, creativity and giving all wrapped up into a nice little comfortable and cuddly package.

For those of you who don't know, I am a creature of habit. I freely admit it. I have often wondered why this is and after much thought, and a lot of time, I have come up with only one possible and logical answer. I like to feel comfortable.

Growing up in a sheltered and protective environment afforded me the opportunity to create my own safe and comfortable world. Not much changed within this world and I was fairly happy. I found things that I liked to do, read, watch, eat, wear and I rarely strayed from them. Comfortable for me equals happiness. Truthfully, all I ever wanted is to be happy.

Now I am not afraid of change, as I've experienced a lot of it in my life. I got married, moved and started a new job all within a two-week period. But the truth is, no matter where I am, I always go back to my comfortable ways.

Predictable? Maybe. Boring? Never! Why do you ask? Because every once in awhile, I secretly like to shake things up. It's one of my guilty pleasures! I'll try something new and if I don't like it, well...I don't ever have to go back to it. My comfortable and safe world is none the worse for wear. If I do like it, then I have something new to enjoy along with the other things in my life that make me happy. And with everything that I have been thru this past year, I deserve to be happy!

Susan's Blog Signature

This post is written for The Writer's Post Blog Hop# 15: Changes. Interested in learning more, please check out the link below! Also, please check our groups new collective website, One Top Blog World. Visit the link to the left or click here to take you there!



10 comments :

  1. This is an awesome post! Happiness is in the eye of the beholder. I thrive on change in my day to day life, but still maintain a pretty mundane schedule. Seriously. I love doing new things, but I schedule them! lol I think happiness is something everyone deserves and it can usually be found when you decide to accept life. I mean really accept it. This is what it is and I have decided to love it and be happy in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Fall because it's time for black turtlenecks. I'm a creature of habit too and that's been my uniform every Fall and Winter for decades.

    I do like your perspective on life ... we all deserve to be happy and trying something new without disrupting your world is having the "best of both worlds."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post on change!! I am happiest in my safe little cocoon at home surrounded my my kids, husband, and pets. I don't like change one bit and rarely rock the boat. After a little adjustment to my attitude, even I can adapt to change. :D

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jo, La Femmeroar and Kathy! What's even more interesting is the fact that my husband just told me that I only like change when I initiate it! So I guess he's figured out my guilty pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fall is my favorite too. I love it when the weather starts cooling off. But I also love spring when it starts warming up. I just don't care too much for the extremes of summer and winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am definitely a fall girl. Bring on the colors--the cooling down from hot summer temps--let me be outside raking leaves. I just love this time of year.

    I like stability...I don't know if that is exactly the same as being a creature of habit. I don't mind change--took me a long time to realize even the worst kind of change needs to be faced head on with a good attitude. Even if I hate what is changing, (loss of job, etc.) I have to keep my spirits and chin up.

    Wonderful post!! Cheers, Jenn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. God bless you, Susan. Your attitude/approach is so refreshing. Like you, I find my life to be like an old pair of slippers -- a really good, comforting, comfortable fit. But every now and then, I've gotta break out the spike heels of life. If I didn't know better, I'd say you had my well-being in mind when you wrote this, 'cause it made me smile and smile and smile and in my book, it doesn't get better than that. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Daphne! It's great to know I have a kindred spirit out there! - Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't like change. I can cope with it, but it doesn't mean i have to like it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep, I'm the same way. 1) I love fall and 2) I love change. If things stay the same for too long I tend to get bored.

    ReplyDelete