Wednesday, July 10, 2013

I Need My Dad

My dad is having open heart surgery today. I am weeping because I need my dad. He is everything to me. He's always been there and helped me whenever I needed it...even after I got married and moved away. 

My dad has worked hard his whole life. He left home early (long story). Ended up joining the army and upon his return became an electrician and started his own business. A self-made man and highly respected in our community. Even now after being retired for over 10 years, he is still sought out for his business acumen. 

He amazes me. 

I'm not ready to let him go...not yet.


Wishing you moments to love and be with your family.

 

Like anything you see here? Then contact me, Susan Dusterhoft at todaysworkingwoman@hotmail.com. I am always looking for more books/products to review. I can also provide assistance with blog writing!

7 comments :

  1. I too am a daddy's girl. I'm praying for your peace & comfort this morning & for a speedy recovery for your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan... I am so sorry to hear how sad you are. I do not know what it is like to lose a parent so I can only imagine how you must feel... but your dad is still here so there is reason to celebrate, to laugh. There is still hope.
    I pray your dad has a successful surgery and a speedy recovery. Faith sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Susan. How great that you've always had that relationship; I didn't really, with my own Dad. prayers going your way. The waiting is the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope all goes well. You have my prayers. I have been down the road you are travelling. My dad had heart attacks, surgery, and then strokes. The final stroke took his life in 2004. Not a day goes by I don't think about him. May God be with you both. I hope he has a speedy recovery and you have many more years with him!!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of wishes, lots of prayers. Thanks for sharing a bit of yourself with us today.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending prayers for your father. It's so brave of you to write a blog post on a day like this. Thank you for allowing us into your life

    ReplyDelete