Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Life Decisions

Do you ever wonder what your life would be like if you had made different choices? We make about a million different decisions along the way and each one affects the next. While we have no choice about the family we are born into, we do have the right to make them once we are older and can reason.

Decisions about me and my life came very early on. I often thought how my life would be if I had not been adopted my own family, or if my birth mother had decided to keep me. I would not even be here at this very moment typing this blog entry. I would probably be back somewhere living in the Midwest, most likely not married, and definitely not in a house, but probably an apartment. 

It's crazy how each little decision that comes our way makes a huge impact on how our lives end up! At this point, I am carefully consider each life choice that comes my way and think about my options. I want to be absolutely sure I will be happy with the decision so I can continue to move forward on the plan for my life. 

Ultimately, this is what we all have to decide, isn't it? Being happy with our life plans. I know I am, how about you?


Wishing you moments to make great decisions!
 

Like anything you see here? Then contact me, Susan Dusterhoft at todaysworkingwoman@hotmail.com. I am always looking for more books/products to review. I can also provide assistance with blog writing!

5 comments :

  1. Whoa, Susan! I, too, was adopted and have had similar questions about my own life! In 2007, I met my biological father and in 2011, my birth mother... quite surreal after 30+ years! I wote a couple of books about these experiences and have had most of my lifelong questions answered. Are you in contact at all with either birth parent?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately Janet, I have not contacted my birth parents. I don't know how I would do that at this point. I have thought about it often, but never wanted to hurt my adoptive parents by asking too many questions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are absolutely right, Susan! Every decision we make adds a twist or a turn to our life...it's thrilling, really! I have learned to follow my gut and what "feels good and right" when making decisions, especially big ones! I find that when the head is involved 100%, things can get a bit messy :) All the best to you, and may you continue to enjoy a lovely life!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. true Susan.. every little decision made would have changed our lives in some way or the other...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your post and I think you bring up some very valid points. I think though that I would disagree with the fact that you should be completely happy with the decisions that you make because you can't be sure how things are going to turn out. Some times bad decisions turn out really well and vice versa

    ReplyDelete