Saturday, July 27, 2013

Saturday Shopping and Random Observations

Have I ever mentioned how much I have come to dislike shopping? It has become a real chore for me that I would prefer to not do. In fact, on some occasions, I have bowed out and let my better half do it. Since he is the primary cook in the family, I see no point in following him on his jaunt through the grocery store.

It would be so much easier if it was just a simple up and down the aisles, but more often than not, it is a random course from one side to the other. When my back is acting up, or any other number of joint issues are giving me issues, I simply cannot walk. So I grab my own cart, get what I need, pay for it and then go out to the car only to realize he has the keys. Aaargh! This irritates me more than you could possible know. He always forgets to give me back my keys. Then I have to find someplace to sit down and wait. I have been known to walk around the store looking for him, but most of the time, I refuse to do so. Today my back is tweaking so I couldn't walk around looking for him.

Good thing I didn't have to wait for long.

So while we were out and about, we noticed a few things:
  • Most people's electrical systems don't work. How do we know this? Well they weave in and out of lanes without any indicators. Car designers should just remove the directional lights because no one uses them anymore. We spend so much time looking for speeders and stopping people for using their cellphones while driving. Instead, we should be fining people for not using their turn signals. Either that or have mandatory repair tickets to really find out if those electrical systems work or not.
  • The best time to go to Costco is when the County Fair is open. I don't think I've ever been in and out of that place so quickly. 
  • The local Denny's Restaurant closed. Can you believe it? A Denny's right across the street from a retirement community. If a Denny's can't survive, then what's this world coming to? I guess everyone would rather have a Starbuck's than an American Institution.
  • Hostess is back with their Cupcakes and Twinkies. Their competition is heating up. Little Debbie's is now marketing and selling two-pack versions of cupcakes, twinkies and ho-hos. Unfortunately, the packaging is more expensive then buying their normal box size. Aaahhh...the world of convenience. It's a shame that convenience outweighs value because these small packages are actually more expensive. As my guy says, "Math! Math people!"
Wishing you moments to enjoy your weekends!
 

Like anything you see here? Then contact me, Susan Dusterhoft at todaysworkingwoman@hotmail.com. I am always looking for more books/products to review. I can also provide assistance with blog writing!

3 comments :

  1. You must have been in Edmonton, signal lights are optional here as well, at least as far as we can tell. Difference here, if you put on your signal people consider that a challenge and move to keep you from changing. Love the look of the site. Super!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun observations! This made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me chuckle. Thanks! (And I was thinking the VERY SAME THING about turn signals yesterday. Very frustrating!)

    ReplyDelete