Tuesday, July 23, 2013

One Step at a Time

I made great progress yesterday trying to get my life back in order. It's amazing what a few hours of "me time" will get you. I would have preferred a bit more, but you can't always get what you want. At least now, I don't feel nearly as overwhelmed as before. 

I was able to figure out what I still have on my plate; projects that are not done, those that are finished and even some that I would like to do but haven't launched yet. There is always so much to do, isn't there? Seems to be the story of my life. But if I didn't have anything to do, then I would be bored out of my mind.

Purging is a very cathartic thing. I have about 3 big bags of garbage to take out to the dumpster. Not that I am a slob or anything, I just have a lot of stuff that on occasion gets out of control. Even though I made a big dent in it, there is more to get rid of; at least now I don't feel like it's putting a choke hold on me. Some of you must feel the same way from time to time I bet. 

Frankly, it's our stuff that gets us into trouble sometimes. So much of it and for what? Do we really need it all? In some respects, probably; but for most of us, I don't think so. Even now as I sit here and write this, I am looking at what is left over and imagining it all gone. If only I had the time to finish those projects!

Just one step at a time Susan. One step at a time.


Wishing you moments get your life under control!
 

Like anything you see here? Then contact me, Susan Dusterhoft at todaysworkingwoman@hotmail.com. I am always looking for more books/products to review. I can also provide assistance with blog writing!

4 comments :

  1. Very amusing post :) I have accused my stuff of secretly multiplying when I'm not watching! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggle with all the "stuff" myself...I am a bit of a hoarder...I just think that I will need it the moment that I throw it away...it is always great when I do finally clean out everything that's been building up and I realize that I don't need it at all...and if I do, I can always hit up google...lol. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, yes, when we have so much "stuff" that it makes our lives even that much more complicated, it's time for a purge. :) I had a garage sale about a month ago. When I still had the stuff left over I didn't think twice - just put it in the Tahoe and took it to Goodwill. Let someone else enjoy my stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Purging is the best thing! I haven't done it in a few years but I remember how good it felt to just clean out all the closets in the house--amazing how much junk accumulates. Next big thing I need to tackle is all the files and drawers in my office--SO much stuff there. Wanna come over and help me?!?

    ReplyDelete