Monday, July 22, 2013

Worry Wart

I don't know about you, but I worry. I worry about everything. Sometimes so much so that it keeps me up at night. Sometimes I worry so much that it makes me sick...like today.

I worried all weekend about various and sundry things. I can't help myself, it's a part of who I am. Perhaps it's the way I was raised, but I worry...sometimes about the most inconsequential things. 

So what am I worrying about lately:
  • My parents. They are growing older and with Dad's recent bypass surgery, it's at the forefront of my mind. It's a very real worry and I need to get home and see them soon.
  • Whether or not I will have a job; more specifically, whether or not I will get fired. I know I won't, but sometimes we all do things that may or may not be right, and in this day and age, no job is permanent. They call it "at-will". I know that I have been well-trained, but what if it's not good enough? What if there is some little thing that I did that turns out to be a big thing? It scares me so I worry.
  • My husband recently told me he has a new position at his work. He didn't tell me right away, thinking I would just figure it out on my own. Now that I know, I wonder all the whys and what fores. He really doesn't have anyone he reports to (not sure how this works), but like myself, no job is permanent and so I worry for him. I worry that this project he is working on won't be well received and he will have to look for another job. In this market, especially for him, it won't be easy. 
  • I worry about having enough money to pay the bills. Don't we all? Things always work out but I don't want to get caught without something to fall back on.
  • Our condo and whether or not the owners will raise the rent. Things are slowly getting better in terms of the economy, so will they decide they want more money for this place? Will they raise it to the point that we will have to move? 
Are these all needless worries? Am I thinking too much about things that should be left forgotten. Some will probably say yes, other still no. For me, these are all very serious and real issues that need to be address. There are more things I worry about, but for now I am tired and need to wrap it up. Perhaps I will get some sleep tonight because I've not had much sleep these last several weeks. Tomorrow is another day...another day to worry about something else. I am such a worry wart! I wish I could stop. I need to start thinking about other, more fun things that way I won't worry about other things that keep me up at night.

Wishing you moments of to not worry needlessly,
 

Like anything you see here? Then contact me, Susan Dusterhoft at todaysworkingwoman@hotmail.com. I am always looking for more books/products to review. I can also provide assistance with blog writing!

2 comments :

  1. I hear you, I worry a lot myself. For instance, my son is autistic and worry how he will end up. However we have to do our best and sometimes things are out of our hands. Just be prepared if something negative does happen, and use it if it were. I am sorry for all that has been happening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness I can not even begin to explain how much I relate to you. I worry about everything all the time. Its frustrating. Even the smallest thing worries me and I cant let it go. I wish there was a way to stop but I just cant. Its nice to know that Im not the only one who does this.

    I hope you father is recovering well.

    ReplyDelete